School leader and podcaster Danny Bauer shared a conversation with me about his education journey as well as how leaders are collaborating together to keep growing personally and professionally.
Danny “Sunshine” Bauer is the founder of Better Leaders Better Schools and facilitates weekly mastermind groups to support leadership growth. His podcast has hosted a hundred highly effective school leaders who share best practices for other leaders.
Listeners are welcome to grab all his free resources and listen to his podcast at betterleadersbetterschools.com!
Here are highlights of topics we explored together:
• How Daniel’s education journey led him into school leadership, and how his hunger to learn from other leaders launched a podcast where he has now interviewed 100 school leaders on their best practices.
• Some of the biggest lessons he’s learned in the challenges an experiences in his leadership and from his interactions with school leaders across the nation and globally.
• How ego is our enemy, isolation ruins success, and community saves us from ourselves.
• The biggest benefits from Mastermind groups
• Danny’s latest ventures into connecting school leaders what has him fired up about in this next season of life or work
• An amazing story from his work with students in the Chicago area where he helped over one hundred students compete in their first marathons and change their perspectives on the world
• Danny’s encouragement to Go Big or Go Home!
For free resources from Danny on ways to challenge yourself in school leadership growth:
Now It’s Your Turn
Danny’s parting advice: You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with, so choose wisely! Thanks for the amazing value, Daniel! You can find him at BetterLeadersBetterSchools.com
What ways are you connecting with other leaders to keep learning and growing? How can you go big in your next steps with your teams or students so you provide “wow” moments for those whom you serve?
Sign-Up For Free Updates and Ebook
When you enter your email address below, you will automatically receive my newest posts and a free Ebook, 8 Hats: Essential Roles for School Leaders. Let’s keep learning together!
Principal Matters–The Book!
School leaders are very busy, so each of the twenty-four chapters is designed as a quick-read and followed with take-action questions for follow-up or reflection. If you want practical ideas on understanding your purpose, managing school teams, dealing with challenges, and leading with courage, action, motivation, and teamwork, go HERE to pick up a copy for you or your team.
Harness the power of messaging to create a culture of acknowledgment, respect, and celebration. Written specially for leaders, this title is divided into three parts, helping readers to maximize their role as chief communicators with students, teachers, and parents and community. Each chapter includes suggestions for using digital tools to enhance messaging and ends with reflection questions and practical next steps.